Saturday, July 12, 2014

Ice Cream and Things That Matter Most

It's interesting. Now that I've started this blog, I find myself thinking about this subject often. Luckily, my blog is all about joy and happiness and small things! So I have discovered that I am constantly in search of things I can write about and, as a result, have felt and seen even more joy and blessings each and every day!

Today's post won't contain many words, but there are two videos I want to share.

The first is from the animated feature "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown". It's the end of the day, and the beloved Peanuts characters are singing about the things that make them happy. As you listen, you will discover the simple nature of those things: tying your shoes for the first time, two kinds of ice cream, telling time, and being together. When you stop to think about it--really think about it--is it not those things that bring a smile to YOUR face? Small victories, successfully using a concept you have learned, a little sugary treat, and spending time with those we love.



The second video is a Mormon Message entitled "Moments That Matter Most". There are not a lot of words spoken, but the images speak so much of love, laughter, service, and families. The video invites us to fill our lives with these things and have joy therein.


I invite you to take inventory of the things you spend time and energy on. Do they bring you true joy? Have you taken the time to realize there are small and simple things all around you that can bring a smile to your face each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment